Post-Doc Research Work, 1987, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL,USA (Prof. R.J.Bartlett).
Ph. D. in Chemistry, 1985, IACS(Calcutta) (under the supervision of Prof. Debashis Mukherjee) .
- Head, Physical and Materials Chemistry, NCL, Pune, from December 2002 till Nov 30, 2010.
- Director, CSIR- NCL, Pune from December 1, 2010 till May 31, 2015.
- Director (Additional Charge), CSIR- Central Salt & Marine Chemicals Research Institute, Bhavnagar (Gujarat) from June 1, 2014 till May 31, 2015.
- Adjunct Professor, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune from 2006 onwards.
- Professor (HAG), Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai from June 2015 onwards
- "Relativistic extended coupled cluster method for magnetic hyperfine structure constant" - Sudip Sasmal, Himadri Pathak, Malaya K. Nayak, Nayana Vaval, and Sourav Pal, (2015), Physical Review A., 91, 022512
- "Implementation of the Z-vector method in the relativistic-coupled-cluster framework to calculate first-order energy derivatives: Application to the SrF molecule" - Sudip Sasmal, Himadri Pathak, Malaya K. Nayak, Nayana Vaval, and Sourav Pal, (2015), Physical Review A. 91, 030503(R)
- "Reactivity and Catalytic Activity of Hydrogen Atom Chemisorbed Silver Clusters" - Dar Manzoor and Sourav Pal, (2015), J. Phys. Chem. A., DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpca.5b01987
- "Oxidative addition of C-I bond on aluminum nanoclusters" - Turbasu Sengupta,Susanta Das and Sourav Pal, (2015), Nanoscale, 7,12109-12125, DOI: 10.1039/C5NR02278A
- "Ground state of Naphthyl Cation: Singlet or Triplet" - Achintya Dutta, P. U Manohar, Nayana Vaval and Sourav Pal, (2014), J. Chem. Phys., 140:114312
- "Effect of Silicon Doping on the Reactivity and Catalytic Activity of Gold Clusters" - Manzoor Dar, Sailaja Krishnamurty, Sourav Pal, (2014), J. Phys. Chem C., 118, 7501-7507.
- "Partitioned EOMEA-MBPT(2): An Efficient N5 Scaling Method for Calculation of Electron Affinities" - Achintya Kumar Dutta, Jitendra Gupta, Himadri Pathak, Nayana Vaval, Sourav Pal, (2014), J. Chem. Theory and Comput., 10 , 1923-1933.
- "Relativistic equation of motion coupled cluster method for the double ionization potentials of the closed shell atoms" - Himadri Pathak, Aryya Ghosh, B. K. Sahoo, B. P. Das, Nayana Vaval and Sourav Pal, (2014), Phys. Rev. A. Rapid Communication, 90, 010501
- "Coupled cluster methods for autoionization resonances" - Y. Sajeev, Aryya Ghosh, Nayana Vaval , Sourav Pal, (2014), Int. Review in Physical Chemistry , 33, 397
- "Intermediate Hamiltonian Fock Space Multi-reference Coupled Cluster Approach to Core Excitation Spectra" - Achintya Dutta, Jitendra Gupta, Nayana Vaval and Sourav Pal, (2014), J. Chem. Theory and Comput., 10,3656-3668.
- "Hydrogen atom chemisorbed gold clusters as highly active catalysts for oxygen activation and CO oxidation " - Manzoor Dar and Sourav Pal, (2014), J. Phys. Chem C., 118, 30057-30062
- "A Lagrange multiplier approach for excited state properties through Intermediate Hamiltonian formulation of Fock space multireference coupled-cluster theory" - Jitendra Gupta, Nayana Vaval, and Sourav Pal, (2013), J. Chem. Phys., 139, 074108.
- "Electronic transition dipole moments and dipole oscillator strengths within Fock-space multi-reference coupled cluster framework - An efficient and novel approach" - Debarati Bhattacharya, Nayana Vaval, and Sourav Pal, (2013), J. Chem. Phys., 138, 094108.
- "Equation-of-motion coupled-cluster method for the study of shape resonance" - Aryya Ghosh, Nayana Vaval and Sourav Pal, (2012), J. Chem. Phys., 136,234110.